Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 13 & 14: Still Removing Wallpaper

I feel like I have been removing wallpaper for years now...I mean its only two rooms why does it feel like I have been doing this forever. I think I might be going slowly insane.

Before the wallpaper removal...

After wallpaper, trim and chair rail removal...
We managed to remove all the chair rail around the room and all of the trim except that little piece in the corner (but we will just pretend that it's not there, okay). I removed most of the wallpaper with some help of Big-D.

In order to put in our new stove we have to remove the old one plus the cabinet. No that is no Big-D, that is Mikey (he would kill me if he knew I called him that in public), Mikey is one of my good friends from high school and his dad is also a contractor. I know I have good connections right.


The cabinet almost out just need a to cut the counter out and the cabinet out. Then get a hold of the electrician to hook up a new outlet for new stove and I will be able to once again cook in my own kitchen. The small cabinet that we removed so that we can fit the refrigerator in, is going to go above the stove.

Then I had him replace the light switch in the guest bedroom because it was buzzing when you turned it on and I don't think it was suppose to do that. 

The finished product, they even worked! How do you feel about the wall art around the switches? 

Oh would you like to know what Big-D was doing while we were inside working our butts off today. I will show you what he was doing...

He put new shocks on this truck and got to play with his new impact wrench that I got him for Christmas.


Truck shock on my dining room table, didn't you know that's were truck parts are put when you have to fix them slightly.


Here is where he said that he loved his impact so much and that I was the most amazing person in the whole wide world (okay minus that last part).

Okay so I should be finish removing wallpaper sometime tomorrow since there is only a little bit left in the kitchen. Then to move on to bigger and better things, which I don't know what those are yet since there is so much to do and I don't know where to go next.

Over and out,
A Engineer in the Kitchen

2 comments:

  1. There's already a huge difference without the wall paper! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I have 95% of the wall paper removed!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...