Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Northern Lights

The Northern Lights were out last night.

Luckily, Michigan is just far enough north that we can see the Northern Lights if the activity level is high enough.

I was at work but I brought my camera to sneak out and take some pictures and since I walk outside between two plants constantly throughout the night I knew I wasn't going to miss them.

However, as I was standing in the middle of the parking lot (pretty sure security thinks that I maybe crazy) I got a few pictures. Was hoping some of the would have came out better but being that it was cold and the "night version" on the camera probably isn't the best, they didn't come out that great.


This one is the general picture taking version.


The big yellow thing in the middle isn't anything special just a light in the parking lot. Definitely me favorite.


Kind of blurry, but still looks like cool.

I've never seen the Northern Lights before so it was really cool to see them. I guess 2012 and 2013 is suppose to be a very active year for solar flares which cause the northern lights to illuminate. Hopefully I will get to see them again and maybe get some better pictures.

Over and out,
A Engineer in the Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...