Anyways as one of my new years resolutions I wanted to cook more often and eat out less, we tend to eat out a lot more when I get in my lazy don't want to cook mood. I also wanted to pack our lunches at least four times a week to help save money.
To kick off the new year I started with Chicken Lasagna, I am not a huge lasagna person but this turned out pretty yummy.
Big-D even said it was cook it again good, which is always a good sign.
- 1 & 1/2 chicken breast
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 (10.7 oz) cans of cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 2 packages of shredded cheddar cheese
- First I cooked the lasagna noodles according to the package instructions.
- Next I diced and cooked the chicken.
- In a large mixing bowl, I combined the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, onion, and cooked chicken.
- In a 9 x 13 casserole dish, layer four noodles then using half of the chicken mixture and a third of the cheese. Make a second layer the same way and top with a third layer of noodles and cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes at 350° F.
Opps forgot to take a picture of the goodness before we started eating it. I had a hungry man on my hands and he isn't always patient enough to let me take a picture of the yummy dinner.
Hopefully I will have a "new" kitchen very soon so I will be able to cook more easily without having to use someone else kitchen.
Over and out,
A Engineer in the Kitchen