Thursday, January 5, 2012

Chicken Lasagna

It has been a while since I have posted about cooking, actually its been a while since I have cooked something other than macaroni and cheese, raman noodles, and all the other prepackaged meals. Either I cook something really simple or we bum something off his parents because my mom doesn't cook that much anymore. She actually hasn't cooked that much since my senior year in high school. The whole all her kids grew up and moved out so she has no one to eat what she cooks.

Anyways as one of my new years resolutions I wanted to cook more often and eat out less, we tend to eat out a lot more when I get in my lazy don't want to cook mood.  I also wanted to pack our lunches at least four times a week to help save money.

To kick off the new year I started with Chicken Lasagna, I am not a huge lasagna person but this turned out pretty yummy.

Big-D even said it was cook it again good, which is always a good sign.

Ingredients:
  • 1 & 1/2 chicken breast
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 3/4 cup sour cream
  • 2 (10.7 oz) cans of cream of chicken soup
  • 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 12 lasagna noodles
  • 2 packages of shredded cheddar cheese
Directions:
  1. First I cooked the lasagna noodles according to the package instructions.
  2. Next I diced and cooked the chicken.
  3. In a large mixing bowl, I combined the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, onion, and cooked chicken.
  4. In a 9 x 13 casserole dish, layer four noodles then using half of the chicken mixture and a third of the cheese. Make a second layer the same way and top with a third layer of noodles and cheese.
  5. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes at 350° F.





Opps forgot to take a picture of the goodness before we started eating it. I had a hungry man on my hands and he isn't always patient enough to let me take a picture of the yummy dinner.

Hopefully I will have a "new" kitchen very soon so I will be able to cook more easily without having to use someone else kitchen.

Over and out,
A Engineer in the Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...