Thursday, June 7, 2012

Shish Kebabs

Is it kebabs or kabobs...does it really matter?

I like kebabs cause everyone I know says kabobs and I like to be different.

The thing that makes kebabs the best thing in the whole world if you are feeding more then one picky person (Big-D can be rather picky and I had friend over that is kind of picky as well) is that everyone got to make their own. Okay I made Big-D's lets be honest here. 


I am also very happy that I got the HUGE grill because we cooked a lot of food all at once. From left to right, red potatoes, corn on the cob and the shish kebabs in the really cool rack thingy that I got from Target. 


For the veggies I used green, yellow and orange peppers, a sweet onion and pineapple (I know that's not a vegetable.) For the meat I used sirloin streak marinated in Italian dressing, chicken marinated in what I will call the chicken marinade (I know I am so clever) and Lemon Garlic Shrimp.

The red potatoes were first boiled until a knife stuck in them smoothly, and then I cut them into eighths added about a half a stick of butter (cut up into chucks) and sprinkled with pepper and Accent. Then used some tin foil to steam the potatoes on the grill.

The corn on the cob was soaked in water for about 30 minutes before they were placed on the grill.

The skewers were stuffed with as much yumminess that we could possibly put on them and cooked until chicken (may concern) was fully cooked.

Stay tuned in for the next couple days I will post the marniades that I used for the steak, chicken and shrimp.

Over and out,
A Engineer in the Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...