I use Italian dressing quite often as a marinade. It use to be all I would eat on salads but I have since then fallen in love with Ranch dressing and no longer us Italian that much on salads.
From left to right: Salt, dried parsley, dried celery leaves, dried oregano leaves, onion powder, garlic powder, ground basil leaves, dried thyme leaves and pepper. Mix spices together add vinegar (whatever kind you want, I go back and forth between white and red wine) and olive oil.
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons or garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 2 tablespoons of oregano
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of ground basil
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried celery leaves
- Mix all spices together in a resealable container
- When ready to make dressing add 2 tablespoons of dressing mix with 1/4 cup of vinegar of you choosing, 2 tablespoons of water and 1/2 to 2/3 cups of olive oil.
A Engineer in the Kitchen