Friday, June 15, 2012

Ranch Dressing

Okay me and Ranch dressing are best friends. I put it on salads, dip vegetables in it, and sometimes I just stick my finger in it (I really love ranch dressing.) If I don't put Ranch on it that's because I put Ketchup on it. Yes I am one of those, nothing is safe on my plate.

I remember growing up my mom would tell my brother and I that we weren't allowed to put Ketchup on something because it was an expensive cut of beef. That only worked until we started raising cattle, then I would tell her that I raised it, I can put whatever I want on it.

Anyways back to Ranch dressing, I love the Hidden Valleys packets that you can buy at the grocery store and then mix it into mayonnaise and sour cream. But one day I was looking for something a little different and after I mixed a couple of different recipes together, I came up with one that I love and eat all the time.


The spices from left to right: salt, dried parsley (fresh can be used), dried chives (once again fresh can be used), dill weed, garlic powder and pepper.


In a mixing bowl add REAL mayonnaise, olive oil, lemon juice and sour cream, I do use the light version for both but real mayonnaise is need none of the Miracle Whip stuff. Then add all of the spices.


Mix everything all together and add a splash of milk (the more milk you add the thinner it will be). I make it so I can dip vegetables in it.


Place in some type of resealable container. I found these crazy cute containers at Meijers and fell in love with them. The only problem was I had no idea what I was going to use them for so I didn't end up buying them. When I started making this recipe I ran back to the store and bought them because I finally had a purpose for them.


Let cool in refrigerator for about an hour then enjoy.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup of real mayonnaise
  • 3/4 cup of sour cream
  • 1 tablespoon of olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
  • 1.5 teaspoon of dried chives (1 small bunch of fresh chives)
  • 3 teaspoon of drive parsley (1 small bunch of fresh parsley)
  • 1 & 1/2 teaspoons for garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon of salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
  • 1 teaspoon of dried dill weed
  • Milk (as much as you choose)
Directions:
  • Mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, olive oil and lemon juice together.
  • Then add spices (either one at a time or all at once).
  • Add as much milk as you desired, the more milk added the thinner the dressing will become.
  • Place dressing in some type of resealable container.
  • Refrigerate for one hour before serving.
Enjoy,
A Engineer in the Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...