So one day as I bored of making just the plain ole chocolate chip cookies for Big D and decided that I wanted to make him a little something different. (Now to remind ya'll I have a chocolate allergy so I can't even eat most of what I make for him.) Sometimes I believe that I really do love him.
Anyways, Snickers are his favorite candy bar in the whole wide world and me being the creative one that I am I decided to chop them up into little pieces and throw them in the cookie. (FYI - chopping up the Snicker bars are not the easy thing in the world.)
- 2 & 1/4 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ( or 2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room tempature
- 2 cups of chopped up Snicker bars
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a small mixing bowl and place off to the side.
- Beat the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Mix until creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture.
- Stir in the Snicker chips.
- Using a tablespoon (or a cookie scoop) to drop onto an ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in oven for 9 to 11 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool on the cookie sheets for 2 to 3 minutes, then remove to cool completely on wire cooling racks.
Hope you enjoy them too.
A Engineer in the Kitchen