Thursday, November 24, 2011

My Thanksgiving List

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, mainly because I can eat like my inner fat person and no one judges me for it. But this year Thanksgiving is going to be crazy, here's just a small list of things I have to do today.

Thanksgiving To Do List:
  1. Get out of work at 8:00AM
  2. Drive 45 minutes to home...(8:45AM)
  3. Take a very long shower in hopes that it will wake me up...(9:15AM)
  4. Get Big-D up when I am done in the bathroom so he can get in the shower...(9:30AM)
  5. Work on Owen's project (will post about in the very near future) since if I lay down I will fall asleep and not want to get up!!
  6. Leave for Grandma's house to eat Thanksgiving Lunch...(10:30AM)
  7. Eat Thanksgiving Lunch at 11:00AM
  8. Get done eating Thanksgiving Lunch and watch the Lions hopefully beat the Packers (12:30PM)
  9. Fight over the Black Friday ads with the family
  10. Leave Grandma's with leftovers in tow...(1:00PM)
  11. Arrive home again (1:30PM)
  12. Leave for Uncle Dave's for Thanksgiving Dinner...(2:00PM)
  13. Eat Thanksgiving Dinner at 2:30PM
  14. 3:00PM realize that I have been up for 24 hours and all I want to probably do is take a nap
  15. Decide to play football with the cousins anyways
  16. Still playing football...
  17. At some point go home and pass out in the Lazy-Boy (maybe I'll post some day about how the Lazy-Boy is more often my bed then my actual bed)
  18. Wake up at 5:30AM Friday morning to get ready for work
Now doesn't my Thanksgiving just sound like so much fun...nope! Sounds more like work but I still love Thanksgiving more than Christmas (I know twisted right.)

Things that I will be praying for:
  1. For the Colts to win this weekend! 
  2. For Peyton Manning to recover completely and properly so he can return next year.
  3. For all the service men and women to return home safely.
  4. For all the travelers this holiday to have a safe and fun trip.
Things that I am thankful for:
  1. I am thankful that I have a wonderful man in my life, Big-D.
  2. I am thankful for my job, even though I have weird and crazy hours.
  3. I am thankful that there will be loads of food for me to eat today.
  4. I am thankful for my family even though most days we don't get along.
  5. I am thankful for my crazy friends that keep my entertained.
  6. I am thankful mashed potatoes and gravy (my favorite thanksgiving food and well one of my favorite foods in general.
  7. I am thankful for my brother being able to spend Thanksgiving at home, there are many service men that are not able to be home with their families.
  8. I am thankful that Grandpa is still around for Thanksgiving.
  9. Lastly, I am thankful for people like you that took a few minutes out of your lives to read this post.
Hope everyone has a Merry Thanksgiving! 
Love ya guys,
A Engineer in the Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...