Saturday, November 19, 2011

Goulash

Goulash is one of my favorite meals to make and eat, of course. I like it so much because it is very simple and doesn't take that much time to make at all.

My mom use to make this all time when we were younger, and when I say all the time I mean it; at least once a week. I think she liked to make it for the same reasons that I do, its easy and we love it.

I've also had other peoples goulash and it seems to me that everyone makes it slightly different, so feel free to omit things and add others (for example mushrooms).

The thing that takes the longest about Goulash is the noodles. I always start by getting the water on the stove that way while I am working on everything else it can start to boil. I call this multitask cooking.


(Also use regular tomato sauce, the Prego is what  I get for sending Big-D to the store for me with the list and not specifying that I didn't want Prego just plain tomato sauce. Oh well it turned out pretty good anyways.)

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb lean ground beef*
  • 1 green pepper, chopped
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 15oz can of tomato sauce
  • 1 lb of elbow noodles
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
  • 32oz bottle of tomato juice
  • Salt & Pepper
Directions:
  • First place the water for the noodles on the stove and cook noodles according to directions on the box.
  • Chop up the onion and green pepper.
  • Fry the ground beef, along with the onions and green pepper. Cook until the beef is no longer pink and drain.
  • Once the noodles and the beef are done cooking place in large pot and mix in the tomato juice, tomato sauce and sugar. Salt and pepper as desired.

I like to top it with some mozzarella cheese or Colby Jack cheese (all depends on what I have in the fridge at the time.)

Serve with rolls and you are ready to eat.

Love
A Engineer in the Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...