Friday, July 20, 2012

Meal Planning the College Student Way

I mention early in the month about in a post about Big-D and trying to eat out less. Thus far half way through the month we have been pretty good, except last week when I was really crazing Taco Bell (we will just keep that as our little secret though,okay?)

But I have ran out of things that are fun and easy to cook when its like bazillion degrees out. We only have a small window AC unit and to be honest if I have to cook anything on the stove or oven for more than like two minutes the house gets hot and fast. So I decided that I was going to try a little meal planning...yeah right, fail there too; I still call Big-D on his way home to stop at the grocery store and pick up what I need for dinner.

Here is how the college student in me does meal planning:

Monday:
  • Breakfast: Cereal 
  • Lunch: Peanut Butter Sandwich
  • Dinner: Ramen noodles
  • Meal that I eat at work: Chips from vendy machine & Raviolis
Tuesday:
  • Breakfast: Cereal
  • Lunch: Ramen noodles
  • Dinner: Mac n' Cheese
  • Meal that I eat at work: Something for the vendy machine & Raviolis
Wednesday:
  • Breakfast: Cereal
  • Lunch: Ramen noodles
  • Dinner: Big-D call you mom find out what she is having for dinner and lets pretend like we love it so I don't have to figure out what to make for dinner tonight
  • Meal that I eat at work: Something for the vendy machine & Raviolis

Thursday:
  • Breakfast: Cereal
  • Lunch: Ramen noodles
  • Dinner: Goulash (because I can freeze it have leftover for a week)
  • Meal that I eat at work: Leftover Goulash

Friday:
  • Breakfast: Realize that I am out of milk or it has gone bad so I eat my cereal dry
  • Lunch: Leftovers if I have any or Peanut Butter sandwich or Ramen noodles
  • Dinner:Go to bar have them make me an amazing steak (true fact we go to the bar every week)

Saturday:
  • Breakfast: Cereal or frozen waffles
  • Lunch: Something for the vendy machine & Raviolis
  • Dinner: BBQ

Sunday:
  • Breakfast: Cereal or frozen waffles
  • Lunch: Ramen noodles, Mac n' Cheese, whatever is in the cupboard
  • Dinner: Pretend like I miss my mom and go over there at ear her food
I guess what I am asking here is how do all you busy people have time to meal plan, I've tried and failed. I mean I am busy as hell and usually forget to go grocery shopping once a week or even every other week. I go to the gas station to get milk (it's a 20 minute drive to go to the grocery store but the gas station is like 3 minutes away and I don't like driving all the way to the grocery store for milk.)

Please offer me some advice, I am perfectly fine eating Ramen noodles and Mac n' Cheese everyday but Big-D isn't in college anymore and doesn't like eating like it. Grrrr to marrying a man that has graduated college, how I envy him.

Over and out,
A Engineer in the Kitchen

PS: This post made me think of a really funny Ramen Noodle story that someday I shall share with you. as

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...