I even had him try one of the good for you versions and he came to me with the face of dislike and said "did you put raisins in these cookies?"
I know better then that, I know he doesn't like raisins so why would I give him something with raisins; but I politely responded with "no there are no raisins in it, just other dried fruits that you have eaten before."
I even had to remove the Whey Protein Powder to make a few cookies for Big-D's sister who has LOTS of food allergies and was supposedly allergic to something in the protein powder.
I got this recipe from a P90X email that I received and it sounded yummy and I like healthy things so I thought I'd give it a try.
- 1 & 1/4 cup whole grain flour
- 1 cup of quick (instant) oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup vanilla flavored Whey Protein Powder
- 3/4 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 raisins, dried cranberries, dried cherries, and/or dried blueberries (I choose dried blueberries & dried cherries)
- For Big-D's cookies I used 1/2 cup of mini M&Ms and 1/2 cup Milk Chocolate Hersey Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, oats, baking soda and Whey Protein Powder.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the apple juice concentrate and the applesauce,
- Then mix the applesauce and juice mixture to the flour mixture.
- Next mix in the dried cherries and dried blueberries (or whatever else you choose to add in)
- Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray and then using a cookie scoop (or tablespoon) drop the cookies onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before placing on wire cooling racks to finish cooling completely.
Look at the yummyness (is that even a word, I don't know but I am making it one now.)
A Engineer in the Kitchen