Saturday, December 17, 2011

Reindeer Cupcakes!

My mom had her annual Christmas party last night and I was volunteered to make some type of yummy treat for her. (I've been volunteered to do other things for her party but that is the only thing that you might be interested in hearing.)

I got the idea for these cupcakes out of one of those home magazines Christmas edition (wish I could remember which one it was.) Thought they were ridiculously cute and that my mom and her friends would love them. They did love them in fact many people said they were to cute to eat. I was happy to see Big-D eat several (guess he didn't think they were to cute to eat.)


The cupcake recipe: Chocolate Cupcakes

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups of sugar
  • 3/4 cup of cocoa powder
  • 1 & 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 & 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 & 3/4 all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup oil vegetable
  • 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup of boiling water
First mix the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt together. Also start boiling the water that way you don't have to wait for the water to boil when it comes to that step; because y'all should know a watch pot never boils.


Next add the eggs and mix well.


Next mix in the milk and again mix well.


Lastly mix in the boiling water and beat well. Scoop the batter into a muffin pans that are lined with cupcake liners.

Bake for about 15 minutes (my mom's oven is kind of a pain in the butt so I don't really know how long they took, I started in 15 minutes and went from there,) or until a toothpick comes out clean.


Let cool in pan for about 5 minutes then remove to wire rack to cool completely.

For decorations I used some pretzels (I broke them up to make them look more like antlers), red and brown M&Ms, chocolate frosting (I cheated and used it from the can) and vanilla frosting,  and mini chocolate chips.


First I did this.


Then this (I did alternate using the red and brown M&M's).


Then this:


Then added two dots of frosting like this:


Then to finish it all off I did this:


Look at how cute they all look...do they really look to good to eat?


(I've decided that I hate my camera...not liking the quality of these pictures and I apologize for them. I might invest in a new camera soon.)

Over and out,
A Engineer in the Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...