Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My favorite puppy niece

You see that large dog off in the picture off to the left side...she is my favorite puppy niece in the whole wide world. My brother just loves how much I spoil her.

She was once this big...


I took these photos of her when he was 8 weeks old (my brother had her for two days.) These might even be her very first set of photos.



That bone was seriously longer than her leg. I actually got that bone for Sam (my black lab) and I got her a nice squeaky toy. Dakota wanted nothing to do with the squeaky toy and Sam wanted nothing to do with the bone so they talked it out and switched. It took her awhile but she did eat that whole bone.


She still loves that kind of bone; she eats squeaky toys so I was grounded from buying them for her (she still gets them and my brother hates me for it.) Those are nice compacted rawhide bones and it takes her three times as long to eat 'em compared to the regular rawhide bones.


Here is some of the many stuffed things, I am say things because shes use to chew just about any soft, they are all in different stages of destruction. That day she had just picked out the green duck so it hadn't been around long enough to be destroyed.



Protecting her duck and showing off now brown she has become over time.

Photos from her first time in the lake I think she was 9 or 10 weeks old.



Sam bring me back the ball and Dakota coming to get that ball from her.


"Get me out of this cold wet stuff Auntie. I just want to go home and cuddle."


"Please! Don't make me use this big brown eyes as a weapon." (Those eyes melt my heart.) She's spoiled she puts her legs up on me and I pick her up. Still do it today, it was easier when she weighed 10 lbs versus her current 75 lbs.


"I'll just sit here and watch you guys."


"Okay maybe I'll come in a little bit."  For what we believe to be her first exposure to the water she was actually pretty good. She ran in and out of the water.


Papa Pat (my brother) was more daring about going in the water then I was (I mean it was May in Michigan meaning the water isn't warm at all.)


She fell in that gap and I felt really bad.


One of the beautiful things about playing in the lake all day...two tuckered out pups. Yes Dakota is sleeping under the coffee table, she still believes she can fit under there from time to time.

Okay I'm done with pictures of Dakota for today. Are you guys wondering the random post...I get to see her this weekend and I am very excited. I use to get to she her almost every weekend but since my brother got his new job he hasn't been able to come home as often which means I don't get to see her as much.

Over and out,
A Engineer in the Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...