Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day 94 & 95: Taping Joints

I spent most of the weekend working...not just at my normal job that I but at home. Oh and getting engaged in case you didn't hear that news.

I got all of the joints taped in the master bedroom...I feel like this has been a never ending project. But then again I have very little time to work on the house (I only go to school full time and work at least 40 hours a week.)


I started covering the screw holes before I remembered to take some pictures...


Looks so pretty.


The nice ladder Big-D bought me because he was tired of me almost falling off the stool on top of a bucket/chair.

I bet your asking yourself "Lyndsey, why is your drywall tape blue?" 

There is this amazing product out there called self adhesive drywall tape. I am going to call it the best product maybe ever invented, that and the light bulb and indoor plumbing. I had read up on how to tape up the joints and I was really nervous about doing it myself because well with the paper tape its really easy to get wrinkles or bubbles in the tape. With this amazing stuff it sticks itself to the wall and all I had to do was run my hand over it to smooth it out and make sure it was sticking to the drywall. Probably saved me several hours of work since I was able to tape the whole room in like 3 or 4 hours.

Today I spent the few hours that I have between Big-D getting home from work and when I get home from class, working on mudding the drywall. In about two hours I used a bucket of drywall compound (I only got one bucket I thought that would be enough since I was only doing one room) and got about half of the room done. Big-D was impressed. Then we had to make a trip to Lowe's, I love Lowe's, I wish they would put one in the nearby town so I didn't have to drive a half hour to get there. Anyways, I had all intentions of coming home and working on the drywall so more but I fell asleep on the drive there and on the way home and by the time I got home all I wanted to do was sleep.

Also while we were at Lowe's I showed Big-D these amazing tiles that look like wood and he loves them just as much as I do...but I got a lot of work to do before we start messing with the floors.

Hopefully will have the first layer of drywall mud done by tomorrow night so that way I will be able to apply a second layer. Really hoping to be able to start painting this weekend.

Over and out,
A Engineer in the Kitchen

2 comments:

  1. Shut up! You got ENGAGED?!?! Awesome news! Congratulations :)
    (and super cool to learn about that drywall tape)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...