His answer was first brownies and then maybe cookies and then it moved to whatever I wanted to make.
And since I have become slightly addicted to Pinterest and found a pin for these Brownies Cookie Thingys. The recipe came from KevinandAmanda for the cookie bottom recipe and used my own brownie recipe.
Unfortunately the first attempt at making these was a failure...kind of trying to cram making it into a two hour break between classes and didn't check to make sure the brownies were actually done before I pulled it out of the oven.
The first attempt I followed the directions in the recipe to a tee, however, on my second attempt I made it how I would have normally made brownies/cakes. Personally I found that my way worked better for me but I will tell how to make it both ways.
Ingredients for the chocolate chip cookie: flour, sugar, brown sugar, salt, baking soda, chocolate chips, two sticks of butter, two eggs and pure vanilla extract.
First mix the granulated sugar and the brown sugar together. Add in the butter and eggs and mix until creamy.
In a different bowl mix together the flour, baking soda and salt.
Slowly add the flour mixture into the sugar mixture and mix until completely combined.
Finally added the chocolate chips.
The directions from KevinandAmanda had me line a 9x13 inch cake pan with wax paper.
Evenly smooth the chocolate chip cookie dough out.
Next add a layer of Oreos, I used both the Golden Oreos and the Double Stuffed Oreos because well I had both.
Next I made up my very yummy in his tummy brownies. The ingredients for the brownies are: 1 cup vegetable oil, 2 cups of sugar, 2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 4 eggs, 1 cup flour, 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. First mix the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder together. Then beat in the oil, eggs and vanilla extract.
Pour evenly over the Oreo cookie layer.
In the directions for KevinandAmanda it said to cover the pan with aluminum foil and place in 350°F oven for 30 minutes, remove aluminum foil and then cook for about 15 to 25 more minutes. In my second attempt I skipped this step instead cooked at 350°F until a knife came out clean when stuck into the brownies (ended up being close to 50 minutes).
Remove from oven and let cool completely before removing from the pan.
Also while making this lovely treat make sure you dirty every dish that you own...it makes the process much more fun.
Ingredients: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces/1 package) of milk chocolate chips
- 1 package of Double Stuffed Oreos (I used both the Original Double Stuffed and the Golden Double Stuffed)
- 1 cup of canola/vegetable oil
- 2cups of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Mix the granulated sugar and the brown sugar together.
- Add in the butter and eggs and mix until creamy.
- Using a different bowl mix together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add the flour mixture into the sugar mixture and mixing until completely combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips.
- Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder together.
- Then beat in the oil, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Mix until completely combined.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Smooth out the chocolate chip cookie dough into the bottom of a 9" by 13" cake pan. Either using the wax paper directions like KevinandAmanda or without. Either way works.
- Layer the Oreos onto the cookie dough, putting them as close to each other as you'd like.
- Evenly pour the brownie mix on top of the Oreos.
- Place in the oven and cook until a knife inserted into the brownie layer comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before cutting.
Over and out,
A Engineer in the Kitchen