Thursday, August 30, 2012

Special Rice Krispies



Okay there is a little story behind these Rice Krispie treats. One day I brought in a little snack for the guy that sits in the cubicle next to me; it happened to be Rice Krispie treats with melted chocolate and butterscotch on them. They weren't anything special or anything hard to make in fact waiting for the marshmallows and chips to melt is what takes so long.

But I didn't know that these were in fact special. See the guy that sits in the cubicle next to me mom passed away 25 years ago, she use to make these exact Rice Krispie treats and he hasn't had one since she passed away 25 years ago. I was glad to bring back the wonderful memories.

Now well all have probably made the recipe on the back/side of the box of Rice Krispies, but I will give it to you anyways.


Ingredients:
  • 6 Cups of Rice Krispies
  • 1 bag of the large marshmallows
  • 3 Tablespoons of butter
  • 1 (2 cups) bag of semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 (1 cup) bag of butterscotch chips
Directions: 
  • Melt the butter over medium heat.
  • Add marshmallows and melt until smooth, stirring often.
  • Mix marshmallows into rice krispies until covered.
  • Spray a pan with nonstick spray and evenly spread rice kripsie.
  • Melt chocolate chips and butterscotch over low-medium heat, stirring often.
  • Spread chocolate mixture over the rice krispies.
  • Place in refridgerator until chocolate layer is hard.
Enjoy,

Over and out,
A Engineer in the Kitchen

1 comment:

  1. Aw, that's so sweet!! I've actually never thought to top a rice krispie treat with chocolate... I guess I never really read the side of the box. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...