Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Grandma's Chicken Noodle Soup

Kind of, I cheated on the noodles but still got the same kind she used. Thanks dad for answering a completely random question to your confused child standing in the noodle section at 10PM.

This weekend I was missing my grandma and her homemade chicken noodle soup. I haven't made chicken noodle soup since she passed away in February. She was the one that taught me how to make the amazing dumplings. Of course as she got older, I was the one that would come over to make them for her because couldn't.


I use to think that chicken noodle soup was hard to make but really it isn't. I think the hardest part is making the noodles, so basically if you cheat with store bought noodles it's really not hard at all.


Basically, boil some chicken in chicken stock (you can either make your own or buy it from the store). Once the chicken is cooked I tear it into bite sizes pieces but one could cut it up if they wanted too. Add your choice of vegetables, I usually use celery, carrots and onion. Bring to a boil and add your choice of noodles. In my cheat version I used extra wide No-Yokes and cook until the noodles are tender.

There you go, you have chicken noodle soup. I always cook extras so I can freeze some and have it on a rainy day that I don't feel like cooking.

Over and out,
A Engineer in the Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...