Friday, August 3, 2012


I finally installed the "new" dishwasher that has been sitting in our garage since two days after we moved in back in December...I've been wanting to put it in but I just never managed to get around to it. I found what I call easier projects to do first. I didn't and still don't know a thing about plumbing so I was a little nervous about it and was totally winging it while installing the dishwasher. After four different trips to Lowe's and two days of cursing at the dishwasher, we finally got it done.

Where the old dishwasher was, for some odd reason the old owners had it across from the sink. We removed the set of drawers next the sink so that the "new" dishwasher could be put next to the sink.

Taking the old dishwasher out to the garage.

Had to instal a new outlet for the dishwasher. That copper supply line end up having to be replaced because it was cracked and leaked causing me to flood the kitchen when I used the dishwasher for the first time.

Installing some of the plumbing that was needed, new supply line but the drain line couldn't be put in because we bought the wrong one...opps. Didn't take a picture of all the plumbing set up.

New dishwasher all ready to go, we decided to leave the dishwasher out for a test run in case there was a leak.

Stella decided to help us out a little bit with doing the dishes.

Hank was to tired to help us.

So I kind of flooded the kitchen, just a little bit. Of course we didn't have any towels that were dry (I was doing a load of towels in the washer) when the flood occurred so I had to use all of the dish clothes and wash clothes I could find.

I am happy to inform you all that I haven't hand washed dishes, other than rinsing, it over a week and I am very happy about this.

Over and out,
A Engineer in the Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...