Thursday, February 9, 2012

Meatballs

No these are meatballs that you eat with your spaghetti. 
These are meatballs with gravy and noodles. I use to make these with mashes potatoes (like my grandma did) but then I started dating Big-D and he doesn't like mashed potatoes (which I believe is a sin) so I switched back to noodles (like my mom).

My mom was very surprise that I am marrying a man that doesn't like mashed potatoes since I may love mash potatoes almost as much as I love him. I could just eat mashed potatoes and gravy for all major holiday meals and well whenever I am bored or want a good comfort food.

Anyways back to the meatballs.


Pound of ground sirloin, package of egg noodles, onion (I used about half), cornstarch (to make the gravy), bouillon cubes (also for gravy), Accent (or seasoning salt) and an egg.


Chop up the onion.


Mix in the egg.


Next add the ground beef and Accent.


Next make meatballs and place in frying pan that has a little bit of oil in the bottom. Next add enough water to cover about half of the meatballs. This water will later be used to make the gravy.


Flip/roll/rotate the meatballs until they are cooked through.


Once the meatballs are done, remove them from the water. I placed them into a smaller pot and covered them so they would stay warm. Next I made the gravy by adding three bouillon cubes to the water and mixed the cornstarch into the water as directed on the back of the package.


Once the gravy is to a nice gravy consistency and the meatballs back in.


Serve with some noodles.

Ingredients:
  • Pound of ground sirloin
  • Package of egg noodles
  • Cornstarch
  • Accent (or seasoning salt)
  • 1 Egg
  • Onion
  • 3 Beef Bouillon cubes
Directions:
  1. Chop up onion.
  2. Mix egg, onion, ground sirloin and Accent together.
  3. Make meatballs and place in frying pan.
  4. Add enough water to cover half of the meatballs.
  5. Cook until no longer pink in the middle.
  6. Use water from making meatballs to make gravy.
  7. Add meatballs back into the gravy.
  8. Serve with noodles.
Happy cooking,

A Engineer in the Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...