Thursday, May 30, 2013

Baby Proofing....

No one get excited, not pregnant. Not even trying to get pregnant. I am good for now without babies.

Then you might say well Lyndsey if you don't have any kids and don't plan on having any time soon, why are you baby proofing your house?

Well let me tell you...someone, won't mention any names **cough Hank cough** figured out how to open the kitchen and bathroom cabinets.


After awkwardly spending like 15 minutes in the baby section of Target, this is what I came home with. I bought the locks that go over the knobs on the cabinets, thinking that it would be so easy but not so much. I think the problem is that the knobs are to far apart about 4.5 inches, even though the distance is within the 4.75 inches that the package states, or maybe it's the fact that I put them on the cabinet that the garbage is in and the fact that I have to take the thing off 800 times a day just pisses me off. The inside cabinet locks are much easier then the ones that were in the cabinets previously, I got the spring loaded ones and it takes very little effort to open the cabinets. 

Now I just have to figure out how to lock the lazy susan cabinet that I have. And the bathroom vanity...yeah someone found out where I hide the toilet paper. 

Hopefully he won't figure out how to open the fridge...don't want him to drink all my beer. (I don't actually have any food in my fridge, it's really just beer and alcohol.)

Over and out,
A Engineer in the Kitchen

2 comments:

  1. haha! Let me know what products work for you. We're approaching that phase in our house, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally like the spring load locks, the handle things are nice but I think could cause fingers getting pitched much easier. I still have no idea how to keep Hank out of the vanity in the bathroom but he now closes the door that he opens on command.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...