Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Special Thank You...

I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day. Hank and I just chilled for most of the day, laid around the house, planted some flowers, and ate some food.

I just wanted to say send out a special thank you to all of the service men and women, that are currently serving, have served and have passed. But I also want to thank all of the families, the wives, the husbands, the sisters and brothers, the mother and fathers.

Many of you may not know this but my big brother, Pat, was in the Marines for eight years (he was honorably discharged in August of 2012).  I know what it feels like to worry about them coming home every single day. My brother spent about 3.5 years out of 5 off US soil, (he did three years of inactive duty after this first five). He's my only brother and even though we fought like every day of lives growing up, he is my best friend enemy. I am very thankful that every time he left he came back safe and sound. There are many men and women that weren't so lucky.

(Stole the picture off his Facebook page).

Like Aaron Ullom. I went to high school with Aaron, he was a year younger then me but he was one of those guys that was friends with everyone. I can't really describe how I felt when I saw that picture pop up on my Facebook news feed, no words can describe it really.

Lastly of all the people that I can't forget to thank is my best friend Mike. He joined that Army last May, after many many many months of me begging him not to, he went off and did it anyways. I am so proud of him.

The military is so tightly wound around me it's not even funny. I know so many people in the armed forces that I would be here all day thanking them. So next time you see a soldier thank them, if not from you from me. I love them all and what they do for us is amazing. This country would not be where it is to with the men and women that are willing to die and the ones that did die for The United States of America.

Over and out,
A Engineer in the Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...