Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Tacos

I love tacos, for one there are really easy to make and two everyone can make theirs the way that want it. I am actually finishing up leftovers as I am writing this post...


 I make up my own taco seasoning and two tablespoons is equal to one package from the store.


Brown and drain hamburger, add 1/2 cup of water and taco seasoning.


I bought this awesome old Pyrex dish at a garage sale for $5 but could never find something to use it with until now. Isn't it just awesome looking, the bottom is orange. The lady had a red bottom but no top so I just got the one, I now regret that decision.


Add whatever toppings you like. I like to use the larger tortilla shells only because I like to add a lot of lettuce and cheese to mine and I find the little ones not big enough.

Taco Seasoning Ingredients:
  • 1 tbsp chili powder
  • 1 & 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
The seasoning makes just over two tablespoons, I tend to make a couple batches worth and store in it in an air tight container. This way I am not making it up every time I want tacos. 

Enjoy,
A Engineer in the Kitchen

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...