I like to use "green" products, actually all of my house cleaning products are "green" products. However, I've yet to see a drain cleaner that is "green" so I decided to do a little googling and make my own.
This is what I do:
- Clean sink and drain of all visual debris.
- Boil three (3) cups of water and carefully pour down the drain.
- Use 1/2 cup of baking soda and one (1) cup of vinegar. Let foam for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Turn on the hot water and allow hot water to run through drain for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Optional step: Pour one (1) cup of lemon juice down the drain to help cover up the vinegar smell.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 as needed.
Over and out,
A Engineer in the Kitchen