Thursday, August 1, 2013

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses...

Yep basically being 136 days away from graduation and taking Spring/Summer classes means a busy life. And when I say Spring/Summer classes, really if I fail this class I don't get to graduate in December so lets just say its been my life for the last couple of months...

This is what I have been doing the last couple of weeks.

Work, school, come home sleep, work on project, throw frisbee/balls for Hank while doing whatever I am doing, maybe eat food, sleep some more and repeat.

Seriously guys it took over a month for me to mow my back yard that's how busy I was with everything else, plus my neighbors frown upon me mowing my lawn at my convenience even though when they are mowing theirs I'm trying to sleep. UGH I HATE WORKING SWING SHIFTS!!!

However, this week I finally decided enough was enough and I was going to finish mudding the walls in the living room (got one corner left and the ceiling to do), sand the dining room (half done), remove the old hooks up for the washer and dryer (haven't started), mud the laundry room (first coat on), and paint the hallway (bought the paint).

It's getting there, Hank doesn't make it any easier on me, since he thinks that throwing his whatever he decides to bring me is way more important than what I am doing but I love him so I play with him and work at the same time which means projects take FOREVER!

I also went to the Faster Horses Festival, which was basically a Woodstock for Country music and OMG was it fun. I spent basically 4 days drunk and got to listen to some great music and artist that I love. Oh and there was a huge water slide...

Here are some pictures that have summed up the last couple of weeks of my life...



I worked hard on the 4th of July...I may or may not have gone up on the roof to watch the fireworks.


Made a new fleece tie blanket...someone claimed it as his.


Giant water slide at Faster Horses...


View from the top, I love my LifeProof phone case.


Drank a lot of this...


The most important stuff of the Faster Horses weekend...


"Mom, stop with the pictures and throw the ball!"


I love this picture of my boy, he seriously had that spiderweb and leaf on his nose for 2 hours before I brushed it off. 


Love the InstaWeater app!!! 


He surely does love his tree house.

I promise to try and not be away for so long again.

Over and out,
An Engineer in the Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...